The First Island City in Vietnam - Phu Quoc City| Date: 10/01/2021, 03:59 AM |
The National Assembly Standing Committee has approved a plan to make Phu Quoc island a city administered by Kien Giang Province.
Vietnam's first ever island city and 31st class-2 city will comprise the entirety of the current Phu Quoc District with its population of 179,480. The current Duong Dong Town with a population of 60,415 will become the city's Duong Dong Ward. An Thoi Ward will be established by merging Hon Thom Commune with An Thoi Town.
Duong Dong and An Thoi towns are the two urban areas of Phu Quoc District currently, with the former being the island's economic, political, cultural, and social center and the latter, its marine transport hub. The new city will comprise seven communes in the two wards: Ham Ninh, Duong To, Ganh Dau, Bai Thom, Cua Duong, Cua Can, Tho Chau.
Phu Quoc's infrastructure has been developed on a large scale concurrently with its economy, gradually giving rise to urban spaces. Last year the island, Vietnam's largest, received over three million domestic and foreign visitors.
For Vietnamese version – Thành lập thành phố Phú Quốc
- The Event Service on Year End Party | YesEvents
- cirCO Dong Du - Grand Opening Ceremony
- Indian Business Couple - Wedding Ceremony in Phu Quoc
- Happy Mid-Autumn Festival 2021 - YesEvents
- Conference - #SheMeansBusiness in Vietnam
- LIVESTREAM - eKYC Mobile App - Viet Capital Bank
- Grand Opening Ceremony - Viet Capital Bank Phu Nhuan
- NagaWorld Exhibition Booth in SECC
- LIFE Conference in 2014
- First Oil Ceremony Organized by Lam Son JOC